The biochemistry fundamentals every medical student needs to master–presented clearly and succinctly, with numerous case studies Concise but packed with medically relevant examples, Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry combines top-quality full-color illustrations with authoritative integrated coverage of biochemical disease. This authoritative clinical guide includes more than 600 illustrations, with each chapter featuring a section on biomedical importance summarizing the given topic. This authoritative guide presents information in a way that helps you retain everything you read, including case studies emphasizing the clinical relevance of biochemistry, review questions following each of the eleven sections, “Objectives” boxes defining the goals of each chapter, and tables encapsulating key information you must know. In addition, the authors have updated this edition with a new chapter on the importance and pervasiveness of transition metals. Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry, Thirty-Second Edition delivers critical coverage of: Toxic naturally occurring amino acids Extraterrestrial biomolecules Computer-aided drug design cells, basophils, and eosinophils The role of complement cascade in bacterial and viral infection Secreted mediators of cell-cell signaling between leukocytes The hazard of antioxidants that down-regulate radical signaling for apoptosis and increase risk of cancer And much more
The Thirty-Second Edition of Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry combines top-quality full-color illustrations with authoritative integrated coverage of biochemical disease and clinical information. Featuring numerous medically relevant examples, this respected text presents a clear, succinct review of the fundamentals that every student must understand in order to succeed in medical school.
All 58 chapters help you understand the medical relevance of biochemistry.
- Full-color presentation with 600+ illustrations
- Chapters have been updated to reflect the latest information
- Case studies emphasize the clinical relevance of biochemistry
- Review questions follow each of the 11 sections
- Boxed objectives define the goals of each chapter
- Tables encapsulate important information
- Each chapter contains a section on biomedical importance and a summary of the topics covered
Applauded by medical students for its current and engaging style, Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry is an essential for USMLE review and the single best reference for learning the clinical relevance of any biochemistry topic.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- In this edition, page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 816 pages
- Enhanced Typesetting:
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download ( 35.49 MB )
Related Products: Textbook of Personalized Medicine 3rd Edition, Organ Repair and Regeneration: Preserving Organs in the Regenerative Medicine Era 1st Edition, Atlas of Emergency Medicine 5th Edition.