Pathophysiology of Disease An Introduction to Clinical Medicine 8th Edition
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A full-color case-based review of the essentials of pathophysiology covering all major organs and systems
More than 130 case studies with Q&A
A Doody’s Core Title for 2020!
The goal of this trusted text is to introduce you to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of 132 diseases (and associated signs and symptoms) commonly encountered in medical practice. The authors, all experts in their respective fields, have provided a concise review of the relevant normal structure and function of each body system, followed by a description of the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie several common diseases related to that system. The accessible presentation features high-quality full-color illustrations, and numerous tables and diagrams.
Each chapter of Pathophysiology of Disease concludes with a collection of case studies and questions designed to test your understanding of the pathophysiology of each clinical entity discussed. These case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to specific clinical situations. Detailed answers to each case study question are provided at the end of the book.
This unique interweaving of physiological and pathological concepts will put you on the path toward thinking about signs and symptoms in terms of their pathophysiologic basis, giving you an understanding of the “why” behind illness and treatment.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE MANY UPDATES AND ADDITIONS:
• Twelve additional case studies, bringing the total to 132, one for each of the clinical entities discussed in the book’s 24 chapters
• More than 2/3 of the chapters are enhanced and refreshed by the input of new contributors
• Totally revised chapter on neoplasia
• New chapter sections on urticaria, spinocerebellar ataxia, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and spondyloarthropathies
• New tables summarizing adverse prognostic signs in acute pancreatitis, genetic syndromes associated with pancreatic cancer, and causes of end-stage renal disease
• New diagnosis and etiologic classification of diabetes mellitus, and review of mechanisms of newest pharmacologic agents for its treatment
• Updates on fine-needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodules, and thyroid disorders in pregnancy
• Updated references throughout the book
Pathophysiology of Disease An Introduction to Clinical Medicine 8th Edition, Gary Hammer, Stephen McPhee, 978-1260026504,1260026507,