Concepts for Nursing Practice 3rd Edition
Learn the core concepts of nursing care and apply them to the clinical setting! Concepts for Nursing Practice, 3rd Edition uses a simplified, intuitive approach to describe 57 important concepts relating to all areas of nursing practice. For easier understanding, this book also makes connections among related concepts and links you to other nursing textbooks. Exemplars for each concept provide useful examples and models, showing how concepts are successfully applied to practice. New to this edition are updated research evidence and a new Population Health concept. Written by conceptual learning expert Jean Giddens, this text will help you build clinical reasoning skills and prepare confidently for almost any clinical nursing situation.
- NEW! UPDATED content reflects the latest research evidence and national and international practice guidelines.
- NEW! Population Health concept reflects the future of nursing, in which health care organizations learn to deliver care that is high in quality, patient-centered, cost-effective, and evidence-based.
- NEW! Featured Exemplars sections provide a brief explanation of some of the most important exemplars.
- NEW! Discussion questions in case studies reinforce your understanding of each concept.
- NEW! UPDATED exemplar links connect you to concept exemplars in other RN- and LPN/LVN-level Elsevier nursing titles.
- Authoritative content written by expert contributors and meticulously edited by concept-based learning expert Jean Giddens sets the standard for the rapidly growing concept-based curriculum movement.
- A total of 57 important nursing concepts are clearly defined and analyzed, spanning the areas of patient physiology, patient behavior, and the professional nursing environment.
- Case studies in each chapter make it easier to apply knowledge of nursing concepts to real-world situations.
- UNIQUE! Featured Exemplars sections describe selected exemplars related to each nursing concept, covering the entire lifespan and all clinical settings, and help you assimilate concepts into practice.
- UNIQUE! Logical framework of concepts by units and themes helps you form immediate connections among related concepts — a key to conceptual learning.
- UNIQUE! Interrelated Concepts illustrations provide visual cues to understanding and help you make connections across concepts.