Provide effective treatment with evidence-based natural medicine! Textbook of Natural Medicine, 5th Edition shows how to use natural medicine, Western medicine, or a blend of both to develop scientific treatment plans. Based on a combination of philosophy and clinical studies, this text explains how to diagnose the underlying causes of disease and provide therapeutic interventions that support the body’s own healing processes. Written by noted educators Joseph Pizzorno and Michael Murray, this text summarizes the pharmacology of herbal supplements, and emphasizes preventive, non-invasive, and natural treatments.
- NEW tables, charts, graphs, and other visuals depict important data and summarize key points.
- NEW! Thirty new chapters cover even more disease and therapeutic agents than were covered in the previous edition.
- NEW! Full-color design and illustrations enhance reading and understanding.
- NEW! 50 new images have been added.
- UNIQUE! Practical diagnostic and therapeutic guidance is designed specifically for practicing clinicians, and includes key diagnostic criteria, pathophysiology of diseases, and therapeutic rationales.
- UNIQUE! In-depth coverage of science-based natural medicine makes this the most comprehensive textbook in this field.
- UNIQUE! Six separate sections on every aspect of natural/integrative medicine include philosophy, diagnosis, therapeutics, pharmacology, and specific disorders and diseases.
- UNIQUE! Detailed coverage of the most common medical conditions includes not just the recommended interventions but also an in-depth discussion of their fundamental causes.
- Content on the philosophy of natural medicine includes its history and background, with discussions of toxicity, detoxification, and scientific documentation of the healing actions of natural substances.
- Internationally known authors Joseph Pizzorno and Michael Murray lead a team of expert, practicing contributors in providing authoritative information on natural medicine.
Related Products: Textbook of Personalized Medicine 3rd Edition, Organ Repair and Regeneration: Preserving Organs in the Regenerative Medicine Era 1st Edition, Atlas of Emergency Medicine 5th Edition.